CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a newborn calf that the cow fell on looks like

Customer Question

I have a newborn calf that the cow fell on looks like possibly broken back any ideass
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: calf is trying to get up hind end not working I already feed it and gave it a banimine shot to help with pain
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Large Animal Vets generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does it seem weak in its hind end or can it not move those legs at all?

Can it stand if lifted?

If you pinch or stick a pin into one of the hind legs, can the calf feel it?

How much Banamine did you give? How long ago? How much do you estimate it weighs?