CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

Our ewe is about 5. this is her 3rd pregnancy. we found her

Customer Question

our ewe is about 5. this is her 3rd pregnancy. we found her on her back this morning. She was kicking trying to get up this morning. we got her on her feet and she stands but barely. she is also shaking her head as if something is bothering her. She not eating and just stand there . She is also very swollen around the middle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Are nature grass ran out so we gave them store bought grass. She standing in the same place not moving. still shaking her head.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Large Animal Vets generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome. I do apologize that my colleagues were unable to assist you while I was away. Still, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How far along is she?

Any changes in her ears, mouth, or discharges from her nose?

You noted that she is struggling to stand. Does she seem weak or does she appear to have reduced limb function?

Since she hasn't an appetite, have you been syringing fluids or anything else?