Dr-Bonk
Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as a veterinarian performing farm calls for livestock, including herd health checks, vaccinations, and pregnancy testing. Also operate a small cow/calf operation.
92155571

I need something a bit different, my llama was very ill and

Customer Question

Hello, I need something a bit different, my llama was very ill and is recovering she needs to learn to walk again. I have had a llama sling made now I need a support system to put it on, so she can have support while learning to walk again. Some kind of structure her sling can hang from with wheels outside of her legs, wheels that turn.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** I am very sorry to hear about your llama. You are obviously a very caring and dedicated owner and I hope I can help you out.

Have you looked into dog wheelchairs? Several companies make a quad support wheel chair that would support all four limbs at one time, while allowing the animal to walk. A couple of the brands are: K9 carts (www.k9carts.com/full-wheelchair). Their extra large option supports 101+ lbs and there is a handy guide on the website to measuring the animal to get the proper fit. Another option is Walkin' Wheels Four Wheel, Fully Supportive Wheelchair (www.handicappedpets.com/). Their extra large option supports up to 180 lbs. Both brands have large rear tires that should help with mobility.

A few other websites that might be helpful:

www.bestfriendmobility.net

www.doggon.com

www.eddieswheels.com

I hope one of these option works for you and your llama. Good luck!

Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 10 months ago.
Hi Sharon,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr-Bonk
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you got my response and how your llama is doing. Please let me know!