Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

My cow has weepy eyes crinckled neck and face has lost

Customer Question

my cow has weepy eyes crinckled neck and face has lost weight but is up half the day eating slowly after I gave her a good drench.looks better after drinking
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is hard to know what may be causing this but the weepy eyes tells us that there may be an infection that is causing this as well as the weight loss and crinkly neck and face. This may mean that your cow is dehydrated.This is probably why she looks better after the drench. I would recommend giving her Penicillin G, available at the farm supply, every 12 hrs and dose according to the directions on the bottle or LA 200. It is good to keep drenching her so she is hydrated which will help her get over this infection.

Besides this, supportive care is essential to help your cow past this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta