CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a bred heifer that acts strange. The hanging area

Customer Question

I have a bred heifer that acts strange. The hanging area beneath her neck looks a lot larger that usual and she shakes her head all the time. She was staying away from the rest of herd and not coming for cubes. this went on for a couple of days but today she is trying to eat the cubes and came up. she is staying mostly by herself. She does not seem to be close to calving and for the last couple of days she looks drawn and skinner than usual.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Do you mean she is swollen under her jaw? Is it hard, form, or fluidy?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Has she had any scours?

When is she due to calve?