Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

Goat has coxcityosis since Christmas day been nursing it to

Customer Question

Goat has coxcityosis since Christmas day been nursing it to health but is going down hill doesn't want to drink water or help its self what can i do think it is dyhidrated
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gave it l.a.200, pinaisilin long lasting, abon, malassas, electrolights,water kaopectat,warm bath, heat lamp hay heating pad,massages moving her up and down eyes lids are pink and so are the lips, wants to grind her teeth. Holds head on her own and can stand on her own does not want to walk is peeing and pooping but runny.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also give her small baby amount of asperin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry she is peeing and pooping, kaolin-pectin to stop scours
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

First, I would advise being very careful using Aspirin in this kid, since she is showing signs of pain (with her teeth grinding) and we'd be worried it may be based in the gut. Otherwise, you are using a lot of broad spectrum treatment here. It is good but if you not had a stool sample tested, that would be ideal to make sure you are clearing the cause for her signs. That all said, in regards ***** ***** question, if Pixie is looking dehydrated, then we need to start drenching or stomach tubing her milk and fluids into her. If you need to do this, you can start with Pedialyte and give her 1 ounces per 12.5 lbs of her body weight every 4 hours. As well, if she is still having loose stool despite the Kaolin, then we'd want to add an equivalent amount to the fluids we are giving to make up her losses and maintain her hydration. Otherwise, if she is severely dehydrated, then IV or subcutaneous (under the skin) fluids may be needed to help her fight dehydration and get back to helping us to help her.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )