Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

We have a goat and a small cow they have eaten 2 bags of

Customer Question

we have a goat and a small cow they have eaten 2 bags of chicken grain what can we do
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question and , due to my location, I am unable to make phone calls. I would like to help if possible.

With both the goat and cow , the treatment for a large amount of carbohydrates such as this chicken grain is mineral oil at 1/2 cup per 100 pounds of their weight every 6 hrs. This will neutralize the gas producing bacteria that is developing due to this high carbohydrate grain. This can be very serious for your goat and cow so to this as soon as possible.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****