CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

Death of heifer
, Small amount of blood coming from

Customer Question

Customer: Death of heifer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Small amount of blood coming from right nostril, not heading ,moving slowly sitting down , then not getting up and death, blood from rear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Large Animal Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long was she showing signs?

Any history of head trauma, injury, or coughing/sneezing?

Any exposure to rat bait or heavy metals?

Any chance of snake bite?

After she has died and the blood was seen, did it appear to be clotting or not (this is important from a zoonotic risk perspective)?