Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

HAve a sick goat. SHe was holding neck back yesterday. Today

Customer Question

HAve a sick goat. SHe was holding neck back yesterday. Today found lying down, a little bloated and neck reared back. Any ideas?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

These are very typical neurologoc symptoms that could have been caused by a trauma that you are not aware of or a disc that has ruptured in her neck blocking off the nerve supply. The secondary symptoms are bloating which is typical. It would be best to have your vet treat her but if that is not an option, the next best treatment is aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Force feed her a gruel and electrolytes available at the farm supply to keep her healthy while beng treated. If Willow does not respond, it is best to have your vet examine her.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Lynda,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Willow. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta