Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

Having multiple issues with my sheep but the latest is

Customer Question

Having multiple issues with my sheep but the latest is swelling under the lower jaw.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most of these are either common abscesses or Caseous Lymphadenitis which is a very contagious form of an abscess. It is best to tap this area to see if there is pus inside. If there is, isoloate this sheep until you are sure that this is only an infection and not CL.

Flush this area with Betadine daily until it resolves. If this is not an abscess, it could also be fluid from trauma or other conditions caused by gravity. Check this sheep all over for any other lesions.

This LINK will help.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Julia,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta