Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

What might cause low left sided abdominal distinction

Customer Question

What might cause low left sided abdominal distinction immediately after calving?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The most common cause of this obvious distension is a displaced Abomasum due to the pregnancy. This causes the Abomasum to displace after calving. This is seen mostly in Dairy cows. There is also a possibility of Bloat secondary to the stress of delivery and treatment is required by your vet right away. This LINK will explain this in detail.

Call your vet to distingish which of these conditions is causing this so that the correct treatment can be given.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Hannah. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta