Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

We have a two day old calf who was knuckling under with s

Customer Question

We have a two day old bull calf who was knuckling under with his front feet when walking. Also he has what looks like blood areas in the whites of both eyes. We wrapped the leg that was the worst yesterday and now he is walking more or less normally albeit a little shaky in the legs. I'm concerned about the blood in eyes
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has he knuckled since birth?

Was it a difficult labor?

Does he seem otherwise mentally normal? Suckling fine?

Can you take a photo of these eye changes ? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.