Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

My sheeps tail has not fallen off yet. It has been docked

Customer Question

My sheeps tail has not fallen off yet. It has been docked and the ring looks like it is on her wool and above that the tail is hanging by a thread of flesh/skin what should i do
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has the ring been on?

Does the flesh look dry or fresh?

Any bleeding?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr,Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check