Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

We recently (about 3 weeks ago) bought a few goats, one

Customer Question

Hello, we recently (about 3 weeks ago) bought a few goats, one nanny had just given birth 3-4 days before we purchased them. The mama goat died 2 days ago, she did not appear sick at all, just stopped eating and drinking 2-3 days before, we had noticed that she seemed to be kicking the 2 kids off when they tried to nurse. Therefore I have started feeding them milk replacement the last 2 days, the little doe is doing pretty good, she accepts the bottle now, the little buck is getting weaker and weaker, he will eat a little, but not much. Is there anything I can do? Also the little doe like I said is doing good but her left eye is runny and matted up?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Does the buck have any general signs of being unwell (ie diarrhea,coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge, fever, pale gums)?

What color is the discharge in the doe's eye? Any sneezing, coughing, or fever with her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer my questions at all! When I started to respond it ask for 54. More dollars!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

There should be no further charge to you then the initial one. So, if you can answer the questions I asked right after you posted, that would aid me fully appreciating the situation and allow me to guide you on how to help this little lad. Otherwise, if you are not keen to continue, please let me know and I can forward your question back to customer service.

Dr. B.