Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

Goat is not able to get up without spinning in a circle and

Customer Question

Goat is not able to get up without spinning in a circle and falling down. He is on a vitamin B shot and a steroid shot yesterday when the vet saw him she also gave him an antibiotic. He is swelling up in his stomach. And not urinating or deficating.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has Twinkle had these signs?

Does he spin in a particular direction?

Any history of head trauma or access to toxins (ie plants, chemicals, heavy metals)?

When did he last pass urine and feces? Did his vet check for constipation or a large bladder?

Is he eating and drinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He will drink We have been siringing in and he has been swallowing.
He only was going to the right.
Now he can barely get up.
He got out of his pen like 7 days ago. I imagine he could have gotten into something then. And recently they had started eating bark off of a tree. The tree has produced a dark sap. Maybe that could have made him ill. It's been since Tues morning that I know he hasn't urinated or had and bowel movement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just called the vet she's going to put him down. I can't stand seeing him suffer.yhanks anyway
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

That is fair enough, as we never want them suffering. Since you are getting his vet out now, I will send your question back to customer service.

Take care,

Dr. B.