Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

I have a llama with a strained leg eating and doing well

Customer Question

I have a llama with a strained leg eating and doing well just limps in right left left.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry that Patty is not feeling well. It is hard to know why your llama is lame and the first place to look is in her feet....they can get infections and trauma on the feet that wil cause discomfort. If this is normal, then the next step is to keep Patty on Butazolidin paste every 12 hrs. Keep Patty confined in case this is a strained ligament or tendon that will require immmobilization to heal.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta