Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

I have a nannie goat she is a2 years old she has been

Customer Question

I have a nannie goat she is a2 years old she has been lactating now for about 9 months is there a shot to stop this
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your lass today.
Now it goes without saying that if we have an inappropriately lactating doe, we need to ensure that no other goats/kids/people or even herself are stimulating or milking the teats. When this is done it can trigger further milk production and continue to the cycle. Otherwise, in regards ***** ***** question, you can contact your vet about treatment with Cabergoline. They will likely need to order it in, as it is not used commonly but it is an effective drug for blocking the hormone prolactin (which is key for milk production).
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Nannie. How is everything going?
Dr. B.