Gina
Gina, Animal Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in pet health care, breeder of English Mastiffs, barnyard, knowledgeable aquarium keeper.
673497

My pig is not eating. Drinking but not urinating

Customer Question

Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Gina replied 1 year ago.
Hello:
I'm so sorry no one has responded to you as of yet. This is most definitely NOT the norm for JustAnswer nor the Expert Community. I just logged in and saw your question.
Do you still need help with this question? If not, please use the reply box to let me know so I can have customer service close your question.
If you do, please continue reading. :)
The most common issue that is seen is stones in the bladder or urethra causing a blockage so your girl physically can NOT urinate.
This is an emergency situation as the bladder CAN rupture so I urge you to see a vet asap with her. An ultrasound (or xray) can confirm the diagnosis.
To help your girl with her constipation issue you can give her plain canned pumpkin in a few of her meals. This natural fiber will help soften to stools so she can relieve herself easier.
I wish you and your pig all the very best and hope she feels better soon!
Gina