CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

My goat has a wound under right armpit she keeps fresh with

Customer Question

My goat has a wound under right armpit she keeps fresh with licking and scratching. Local vet said it can't be sewn shut. Try to bandage but goat keeps rubbing off bandage and licks off any and all medicine. Try duct tape and ace wrap to keep it on with no luck. Is there something that can be put on it that will harden fast so wound can heal? I'm putting on a collar to attempt her to stop the licking half.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dan C., DVM replied 1 year ago.
Greetings, and thanks for the question.
Certainly a frustrating sitution for the both of you! Is there any possibility that you could send me a photo of Ginger's wound? I do have a few ideas, but it depends upon the nature of the injury. Also, how long ago did the accident happen? Is Ginger on any type of antibiotics?
If you can't get a photo, please do your best to describe the length, width and the direction of her wound relative to her armpit. Is it mostly on the inside of the leg? IS she lame on the affected leg?
Thanks, ***** ***** looking forward to hearing from you.
-Dan C.
Just wanted to let you know that I'll be signing off for the evening. I'll be checking for your responses first thing in the morning.
Many thanks,
-Dan C.