CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

We have a male goat that was attacked by our dogs and messed

Customer Question

we have a male goat that was attacked by our dogs and messed the back leg up and he will not walk on it. we have called vets in our area and none work with goats. what can we do he appears to be going down hill
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long ago was he attacked?
Are there open wounds on the leg? Any swelling?
If you palpate the leg, any bony crunching or instability?
Can you take a photo of this leg? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.