Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

Can I graze my cheviot sheep with my black angus cows

Customer Question

can I graze my cheviot sheep with my black angus cows
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Provided that your field can support the nutritional needs to both species and the stocking density, your cattle tolerate the sheep being present, and you keep everyone well wormed; you can certainly graze them together. This is not uncommon with these 2 species (its often called "team grazing") and actually has been found to boost production (wool and lamb crop) in sheep. So, as long as you have the pastureland for it and good worming protocol, this is just fine.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )