CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

Hard Lump(fits in my palm) right side of goat's neck-not soft

Customer Question

Hard Lump(fits in my palm) right side of goat's neck-not soft but hard-feels like it's in the skin and not attached,never noticed before, could she have swallowed something?This doesn't feel like it's in her oespphagus. I don't think it's an abcess as I've dealt with those with my dogs. she acts fine, no distress, she's hungry & eating & alert.. Im worried she swallowed a pear which she was given yesterday! Help!
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Do you mean under her jaw or down the main portion of the neck?
Do you mean that it is not attached to the skin, the underlying muscle, or that it is very mobile under the skin?
How is her appetite? Any struggles eating at all?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.