CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

My goat is under veterinarian care. In the past 4 months she

Customer Question

My goat is under veterinarian care. In the past 4 months she has lost weight, coat is thinner (although she never had much hair since we got her at age 9 months), head is shaky. I believer she has arthritis in her hips. It's became better once i stopped giving her Goatzilla (read an article that some grains causes arthritis). Oh, and she's been on the rock licking thing also for 4 months. Maybe too much mineral? Presently she's on medication on her left eye because of a shampoo burn from WEN shampoo. Didn't know eye burns was a factor since she and her 7 months younger sister been getting bathe once a month or every two months. Should i be concern? The eye is under control. It's that shaky head and weight lose and she's only 6 years old. Thank you. Charmaine Kahumoku
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
What is her vet actually treating her for?
How long has she had a head tremor?
Any issues with her ears?
Has she been circling, have a head tilt, or head turn (as if she is trying to look at her side)?
If she is losing weight, has her vet done any tests? Used any treatments?
When was she last wormed?
Has she had any diarrhea?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nobody returned the replay i addressed to Dr. B. Veterinarian about my 6 year old goat.
Please respond.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. B.
Large Animal Vet
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:What is her vet actually treating her for?How long has she had a head tremor?
Any issues with her ears?
Has she been circling, have a head tilt, or head turn (as if she is trying to look at her side)?If she is losing weight, has her vet done any tests? Used any treatments?
When was she last wormed?Has she had any diarrhea?Are her gums pink or pale/white?14 July 2015 10:33
Please respond.
Thank you.
IMG_0732.jpg
P.S. I am willing to pay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
This is the first set of replies I have seen from you. I am happy to help, but can you answer those questions I asked you initially.
Thank you & speak to you soon,
Dr. B.