CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a one month old kinder goat . She has developed a white cloudy

Customer Question

I have a one month old kinder goat . She has developed a white cloudy area in both eyes and she appears blind. She moves around with her mother and sister. Can something be done for her? At first her eyes appeared normal. I noticed that she hesitated in moving from her pen to the day area. Her eyes still; looked normal. Now her eyes have developed the white cloudy area.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Are the eyes cloudy on the cornea (the clear cover of the eye)?
Or is the clouding deep inside?
Any discharge from her eyes, squinting, or rubbing?
If possible, could you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box.Or you can post them on a 3rd party site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, etc) and paste the web address here.