CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a rem that was attacked by dogs.

Customer Question

I have a rem that was attacked by dogs. His hind leg has an open wound. What do I do?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How deep is the wound?
Is it a puncture or have they torn the skin?
Any gaping of the skin?
Has the bleeding been controlled?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Ram died. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I am very sorry to hear that he has passed. I will send your question back to customer service for a refund.
Please take care,
Dr. B.