Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

I have a Nubian goat that has a baby breech about an hour and

Customer Question

I have a Nubian goat that has a baby breech about an hour and a half ago, I pulled the kidd and seems to be fine, she is as big as ahouse and pretty certain there are more kids in her but she is so interested in the 1st that nothing is happening. she dose not seem to be in distress
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
It is not unusual for goats to take a break between kids. Give Grace some time and once the kid starts to nurse, this will stimulate hormones which will cause her uterus to contract again. If this does not happen, your vet can give you an injection of oxytocin to help the uterus contract to remove either other kids or remaining material that must come out.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****