Large Animal Veterinary
Ask a Large Animal Vet and Get Answers to Your Questions ASAP
Good afternoon and welcome to Just answer!! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
In most cases, this is due to a fungal infection. This is caused by a warm environment and moisture.
For this, to cover your bases, follow these instructions:
1. Worm with a good all around wormer such as Ivomec.
2. Spray with a lice spray that you can purchase at the farm supply
3. Isolate this goat form others
4. Apply Betadine to the hairless areas every 8 hrs which can be purchased at the farm supply.
5. If Tip is scratching at these areas, give her Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 7 days in case this is an allergic reaction.
If Tip does not respond, have your vet examine Tip and do a skin scraping to know for sure that this treatment is correct.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Happy New Year!! Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX