Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.

My 9 month old dairy goat buckling is not eating, might have

My 9 month old dairy goat buckling is not eating, might have had some diarrhea,, could it be from urinary tract blockage? Haven't checked temp, he seems bright eyed, but a little lethargic

Thank you for your question.
Anorexia and lethargy are non-specific signs of the young buck and can be seen associated with a wide range of conditions. Therefore, getting a temperature would be a good start since the presence of fever would potentially cross some of our concerns off our differential list.

Now to help us determine if he could have a urinary blockage:

Can you tell me when you last saw him urinate?

Is he dribbling urine?
Is he straining, flagging his tail, or stretching out his front and hind legs or positioning to urinate but not passing anything?

Does his belly look distended or bloated?
Is he collapsed, grunting, grinding his teeth, showing increased vocalization or kicking at his side (essentially is he in pain)?

Otherwise, how long has he had diarrhea?
Can you describe what he is passing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I didn't get back to you, he is now fine... he did not have a temp and no sign of urinary blockage

No worries.
I am just glad to hear that there wasn't a urinary obstruction. As I am sure you can tell by my line of questioning, it would have be a serious issue for him indeed.

Take care & all the best,
Dr. B.