Dr_Kitty, Goat and llama Vet
Experience:  Veterinarian

I have a goat that has a lose of appetite, has diaorhea, is

I have a goat that has a lose of appetite, has diaorhea, is lethargic and has got weaker over a 4 day period, they are free range goats and we are worried he might have eaten something he shouldn't have, we have lost 3 other goats with the same symtoms over a period of 6 months
Hi. Do you have a regular deworming schedule?
How big is their grazing area?
Are they exposed to azalea or rhododendron?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they haven't been wormed, their grazing area is a couple of square miles, and we do not have azalea or rhododendrenSmile

I would primarily suspect parasites, especially since they don't have a worming schedule. You can deworm them with panacur, which you can buy at tractor supply. They also sell the metal dosing syringes to use for that. Another product are the deworming pellets, which I prefer. Measure it out as per the bag instructions and feed them all separately. I would repeat in 3 weeks. If you have a regular vet, get a fecal sample and turn it into your vet to see how big of a parasite load you have before worming. You can redo it afterwards to see how well your worming worked.

Additionally you can give oral probiotics to help with gut function. It is called probios and can also be purchased at the local food store.

Goats can die rapidly with worms so I would try and do this as soon as you can. Please message me back if you have more questions.
Hi Sharon,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?