Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

My one year old potbellied pig started limping suddenly. His

Customer Question

My one year old potbellied pig started limping suddenly. His hoofs look fine although they could use a trimming. Can I give him something to lessen his pain, should I wait or get him to the vet as soon as possible. Rubbing his legs does not seem to hurt him. The front leg that he is limping on is turned outward when he walks. What should I do?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 years ago.
HI there.

This lameness could be due to a trimming issue which is very common in pot bellied pigs. If his hooves are a little long,m it will cause him to place his feet in a wrong way causing this lameness. he could also have a sole problem sue to this. the best thing to do is to give him aspirin at 2 mg per pound of his weight given every 12 hrs until you can have your vet or the shoer trim his feet. Even after trimming, his foot will take a while to get back to normal.

Good luck!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not care for the way your system is set up. I waited seven hours checking my e-mail every fifteen minutes waiting for a reply. Why do you set up a user ID, a pass word and request an e-mail address if you are not going to use it. Maybe I didn't read the instructions clearly but I do not recall anything that said I had to leave the question page open in order to get a response. I expected an e-mail response.

After waiting four hours I took my pot bellied pig to an emergency pet hospital to get an answer to my question and I do not think I should be charged for your services since I didn't get an answer from you until after I paid to get an answer elsewhere.
I am sorry that you are disappointed. I did send you an answer at 11:30am but for some reason, you did not get it.

You do not have to pay. If you do not accept, you will not be charged.