Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

That was quick Marlowe Giles here of Pa.. Owner of a Qosmio

Customer Question

That was quick Marlowe Giles here of Pa.. Owner of a Qosmio X505 That has had the SS hard drive upgraded to 240 from 66 memory maxed to 8100 windows 10 installed running for a while but not optimal. Sluggish sometime errors etc. I added Driverhound to my system that made changes to my system and never recovered. I requested a refund by email to no response. I tried to use it again once I recovered the computer to have it in place to see if it would update the 36 drivers that needed updating by their system scan.. Now the computer is wiped with no recovery point. My system restore flash drive was thrown away by a divorced mate. I tried quite a few things myself and I realize i don't know what the fricken devil i'm doing. Would you be able to assist on that end. I realize this sounds like a cluster so seeking advice if you can't assist. MKG.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have had it for 5 years and still a novice but will try.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yes updates thru the windows app itself when prompted
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried some security apps
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist!

From what it sounds like, you will indeed need to perform a system recovery, but if the drive is wiped, the catch will be getting the recovery disk.

Now, Microsoft should be able to provide a recovery disk if you explain what happened to the old one. You would be able to reach them at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/

You can arrange to have them call you back and mention what you told me and they should be able to assist. I think this is your best shot, barring someone else having a Windows 10 recovery USB that you know.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Are there any other questions I can answer for you? If not, please hit ACCEPT at the top to accept the answer. Thank you!