ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

IhaveaToshibaL770, Myspacebarisnotworking,

Customer Question

IhaveaToshibaL770
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: Myspacebarisnotworking
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: WorkedwithaservicethatIpaidforonanotherissue......
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes,my......can'tthinkofitrightnow
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

If you are having trouble with the spacebar then this is going to be a hardware problem with the keyboard. There is no way in the software to disable any part of the keyboard, so keyboard problems are always hardware based. In your case, when you press the spacebar the signal is not being properly sent from the keyboard down the wire to the motherboard.

The only solution to the problem is simply to replace the keyboard. In the meantime if by chance you have an external USB keyboard then you can connect it and should get full keyboard functionality. But to resolve the problem with the built-in keyboard, you'll need to take the machine to a local repair shop so that a hands-on technician can formally diagnose it and give you an estimate for repair.

The good news is that keyboard replacements are among the easiest and cheapest of all laptop repairs!

I wish I had a quick fix for you but unfortunately this is the situation you're looking at. Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

NOTE: If you have no further questions on this, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to end our session for now. I will stand by until the answer has been rated.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me? Do you have any further questions on this?

If not, please rate the answer 3 STARS or better to close out our session.