Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

When pushing in on DVD tray on right side of my Aspire V5

Customer Question

When pushing in on DVD tray on right side of my Aspire V5 laptop, nothing happens! What to do? Thanks!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Acer Aspire V5 laptop is about four years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just now noticed it today -- haven't used this DVD tray lately -- probably the last time was a few months ago. Not sure how to trouble shoot -- certainly don't want to try to open it with a pocket knife, do I???
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you. Just would like to be able to put in a CD-ROM to take a course! Thanks.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

What do you mean nothing happens? Typically laptops do not have powered drives that Pull the drive in, you have to push it in, is that what's going on?