Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I keep getting pop ups from Slimware Utilities Holdings, Inc

Customer Question

I keep getting pop ups from Slimware Utilities Holdings, Inc to update my driver; is this necessary and are they valid?
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

They are semi Valid, they offer a service to update drivers, which your system already does for the most part, save a few items, it's not a scam, but its definitely not needed. Make sense?