Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  7 yrs experience with laptop troubleshooting and repair.
10156100

I just heard about a battery recall and want to check on my

Customer Question

I just heard about a battery recall and want to check on my two laptops. The one I am using is G71C000DF410 and my second is G71C000AE212. Are either affected by the recall? Thank you
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite Skullcandy -Windows 10 which I hate is the one I am using. The other is Toshiba Satellite harmon/kardon with Windows XL [I think]. Not sure if this is the information you want as I don't have this one connected to my wireless printer or internet but think I would prefer to be using this operating system.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No updates that I can remember, lots of "stuff" that I use to track my information and things I can't use because Windows 10 disabled my information.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know if the batteries are safe, would like to be able to use older versions of my spreadsheets but that is another storey
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Cris replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

I have looked up your battery information and you are in the clear! Your batteries are not part of the Toshiba recall.

Let me know if this answers your question and if you have any further questions. Please take the time to rate my service and submit.