Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have an Acer Aspire one, and find that I need a newOpen GL

Customer Question

I have an Acer Aspire one, and find that I need a newOpen GL video driver, and I cannot find any, can you help?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is an Acer Aspire one, several years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For a few months, I loaded a new program ans it will not run unless I have an OpenGL driver newer than 1.5 version.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that even after finding a driver I do not have instruction on how to load it.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is an independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following.

By updating the display driver in the laptop itself updates the openGL driver too.Have you tried updating the display driver?

What is the full model and serial of the Acer aspire one which you can find on the bottom of the laptop.

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Thank you

Note: - You can ignore the secure remote assistance/premium service offer shows in this page. It’s a site generated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message.

Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried to up date the video driver with no success in finding one.
Model & Serial # Aspire One D257-13473,
Windows 7
I would be interested in your connecting to my PC, but, understandably, a bit hesitant.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No John, I will not agree to the remote connection, Thanks anyway.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the delay i wasn't online when you replied.Thank you for the model details.

You do not need to take the remote support offer pop-up shown in the site that is not send by me its from the site.I mentioned this in the my first reply i believe you didn't notice.

Please try to update the driver using this link : - http://tinyurl.com/z2pbnf9

If the above driver is not updating then use this Intel driver update utility which will detect your VGA and chipset driver and show you whether you need to update it VGA or Chipset. If it shows to update only update those two.To get Intel update utility please use this link : - http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Check it and let me know the result.I wont be online today but if the above doesn't work let me know and i will open this to other experts so that they can continue to work on this issue.

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Checking to see whether you tried the above instructions and did it fix the issue ?

Reply using the box below

Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Did you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know