Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

It won't come on. It goes dark after showing home page.

Customer Question

JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: Wisndows 10. It was supposedly upgraded from 8.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just purchased it today. I am trying to familiarize myself with this computer.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. It did show a box with a red x saying the Wer.exe could not be found.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck