Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a three-year-old Toshiba Satellite, which I'm about

Customer Question

I have a three-year-old Toshiba Satellite, which I'm about to use in a remote classroom. I kind of assumed the thing had a webcam (late to realize), but it doesn't, does it? Can I install one? and what's acceptable and cheap?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 7. Satellite s75-B7394
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think I have Google Chrome, Norton.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of. I'm in the dark.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

All laptops have built in webcam. Just to check if your model has a webcam, please try to access this link below using your web browser:

http://www.testmycam.net

That online utility will connect to your camera. Just follow the procedures on screen and see if your camera is working. If not, then there could be missing drivers. And yes, you can install an external camera that plugs in to your laptop's USB port link this product link below:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/hd-webcam-c270?crid=34

I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Otherwise, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess