Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

My ho spectre x360 won't turn on and I have important work

Customer Question

My ho spectre x360 won't turn on and I have important work on there that I need to access
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried a hard reset by holding in the power button but still nothing
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that according to hp forums this is a common issue with this laptop
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

These HP laptops can fail over time, and the easiest way to get your important information off the laptop is to remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer to access the information.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was a £1200 laptop that I bought in oct 2016 so not a wear and tear over time issue.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Wear and tear does not cause the hard drive to fail; if it is quite new then it is possible that the hard drive was faulty.

Since it is only a few months old you should also submit a warranty claim after you recover your information.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all.

Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.