syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration and troubleshooting
13852270

I cannot connect to our wireless network in the house. We

Customer Question

I cannot connect to our wireless network in the house. We have wireless connections to Comcast. There are several laptops in the house . They can all connect except the Toshiba one.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 and the model is Satellite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had a virus cleaning and Kapersky installed recently.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  syseng replied 20 days ago.

My name is David.

If the laptop was previously able to connect to the wireless network, then the issue may be resolved by performing a system restore which will roll back operating system settings to a previous configuration but will not impact any personal settings, files or programs. To do this

click the Start button then Control Panel then System and then System Protection. Click Yes if a prompt asks you if you would like to proceed. Then click System Restore and click Next. Click a restore point from the list that is dated prior to when the issue first occurred and click Next, then Finish and then Yes. The computer will reboot and perform the System Restore which should restore your computer back to the previous working state.

If that does not resolve the issue please let me know.

Thanks,

David.