Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5269. Recently I loaded

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5269. Recently I loaded System Mechanics 16.5 and I lost all my RADIO button on the top of my machine. I would like them back.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

IM not sure what Radio Buttons you are referring to?

Was it a software program that the radio buttons were associated to?

Can you give me any other information about the Radio buttons and what they were used for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

A laptop keyboard has radio button the top of the keyboard which turns/off the Eco Utilities, Internet, [third one I do not know], pause/play, sound/mute, decease or up volume. The START button is on the left side. Toshiba Window 7 pro came with these items. Obviously my machine is fairly old but I thought someone at Toshiba could instruct me on to re-enable the radio buttons. :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Before my accident in 2000, I was a computer expert (designed system, program them, Did documentation, Repaired PCs, Taught classes in several languages). When I left the hospital, I could barely walk, could not talk, read, write, do ABCs or 1234s. I bought this computer from Office Depot at least 2 years ago. By contacting Tobisha I ended on your website. I only knew that for at least the last 2 years the "radio buttons" worked with no problems until I loaded System Mechanics. I can only assume System Mechanics turned off the "radio buttons" and though I have recovery the adapter for my internet, it is without the "radio buttons". That was a problem I found on the internet though, none for the radio buttons. I have limited access to the internet at the moment. Working that problem in the next week or so. I have explained where they are found on my computer. None of them appear to work as I have explained. It gives a sound when touched but it does nothing. There are 7 radio buttons to the right side of the start button (that is the one for starting the machine). I think I am doing the best I can. I generally do not ask question on computers until I encounter a significant problem as this one. Apparent I do not have access to a Toshiba Expert or one who would call them to find the proper answer to my very unusual problem. I am very frustrated as it has been since Dec 5th without my radio buttons. I used to use them consistently. Now I cannot. Very frustrating!!!!!!