Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

The plastic strip between the top and bottom of the screen

Customer Question

The plastic strip between the top and bottom of the screen is beginning to come out, about 6" has loosened. Doesn't seem to affect performance but it doesn't look very good and this laptop is just over a year old. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 10, Satellite L50-C
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: no, nothing new installed. Performance of laptop is ok, it is just the appearance and worry that the loss of this stripping might cause problems in the future
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that is my problem
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.
Let me know when you could be online so that we can get started to fix this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am now on line
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no, it is nothing you can fix online, it is a case problem, I am concerned that in time it will affect the performance of my laptop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is like a 'weatherstripping' used around doors and windows...in this instance it is on the screen side of the laptop

Click here does it look like this

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am attaching a picture of the blue strip that is coming out of my laptop. It is hard to see, but I put a piece of paper between the strip and the edge of the computer screen to hopefully make it clearer. Unfortunately I cannot send the .jpg picture.

click a picture using your cell phone and post the picture here or on www.filedropper.com