bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

Does not recognize my "registered email" to send a reset

Customer Question

Does not recognize my "registered email" to send a reset link for password.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Not since purchase August 2014.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No recent updates. Not very tech savvy - over 65. Going in circles trying to self-educate just to get access and change password.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have tried 5- 6 times over last couple of weeks to get a reset link and am very frustrated.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: When I minimized you - there was a blue line that says set-up appointment with tech. My telephone is broken and cannot hear rings or call outside right now - only thing I have is this internet connection, so what do I do next?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May i know the email client you are using? is it gmail?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My email provider/carrier is Cox. I do have google accounts, but not in use with my Toshiba Satellite, only Cox. Yes, you may remote access. Thanks.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 days ago.

Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software, so that I can access your computer.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0d3d1585-2a62-49b1-9e34-8a990af28c04

Thak you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No. Don't agree w/ share my info w/ 3rd party service provider and pay addtional $38.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
do I get an answer for the $ 5 originally quoted to me?
Expert:  bbao replied 10 days ago.

Hi there, it is fine to troubleshoot here at Q&A page rather than remote assistance. Do you still need our help here?