Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My track pad stopped working a few months ago, and Microsoft

Customer Question

My track pad stopped working a few months ago, and Microsoft suggested I get with Toshiba to update the driver. I
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite L755-S5258, running Windows 10 operating system (eye roll!) Have been using an external mouse and its driving me crazy!
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have just installed the regular Windows updates and iTunes updates. I've tried one troubleshooting program and after it scans my computer it tells me I have 12 drivers the are out of date, then wants money to fix 'em. eye roll again!
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I'm still learning how to do stuff, and I'm sure I have many more things wrong with my computer than the trackpad, but I'm not expert enough to clean up the machine!
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Would you like me to connect to your computer and try to fix the problem ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** not want any third party in my computer. You already have my credit card info, that's enough. If you could just tell/show me how to update the track pad from Toshiba, that would be helpful!
  1. Navigate to the Start Menu or press the Windows Key and type change mouse settings in the Search field, then press Enter.
  2. In the Mouse Properties window that opens, locate your touchpad settings. They are usually under the far right tab next to Hardware (the name of the tab varies from manufacturer to manufacturer).
  3. Ensure there is a check in the box next to Enable touchpad.
  4. Adjust any other settings to your liking, then click Apply, then OK.
  5. Test your touchpad.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thank you. How do I cancel this service, please?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello?

. If you wish I can opt out and ask other expert to look into this .

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Never mind, I'll just dispute any charges with my bank, and if you have put a bot in my computer, I will not be happy. especially since you wont answer since I do not want you in my computer. Goodbye.

I have asked customer service to contact you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry, I didn't know we were moving to the phone for the chat. I did what you suggested, and there is no Enable Touchpad area, it looks like the touchpad is enabled as well as the mouse.