Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I now have Vista Home Premium on my laptop. Can I get

Customer Question

I now have Vista Home Premium on my laptop. Can I get updated to Windows 10 or more.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop?

Please reply at the box below, and then we will continue further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Computer is Dell. Model # PP29L
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

PS: Please do not accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page; it's sent automatically by our site and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Now, your Dell model (Inspiron 1525) specs are supported by Windows 10; however, you will not be able to directly upgrade your Vista OS to Windows 10 - instead, you will need to carry out a fresh installation of Windows 10 itself. You may purchase Windows 10 on a USB FLASH DRIVE first, using the following link:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-10-Home/productID.319937100

Once you have received the flash drive, plug it in to one of your USB ports and restart your laptop. Tap down the F12 key repeatedly at bootup to bring up the Boot screen, and select your USB drive listed to boot into the Windows 10 setup and follow the on-screen prompts to carry out a fresh installation of Windows 10 accordingly. This should do it.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to submit one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.