Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trouble shoot, repair, hardware software.
63493917

I SPILLED COFFEE ON IT, Toshiba P745- S4102 Windows 7, If I

Customer Question

i SPILLED COFFEE ON IT
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: Toshiba P745- S4102 Windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: If I turn it on, It asks me which mode to continue on. It's the windows repair or start normally screen. No matter which one I choose, the screen goes into convulsions and never clears up
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't guess
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

After you spliled coffee on it....you hsould have taken out the batery and NOT powered it on.

YOu may have already done toomuch damage to fix it.

See, when water gets inside a computer it starts to cause electrical paths that are NOT intended and therefore it shorts out components.

But that will only happen if there is power flowing. If you cut the power (remove the battery immediately) and allow the laptop to completely dry......you might have been able to save the laptop. But since you powered on the laptop and tried to use it while it was still wetinside.......that has probably caused irrepairable damage.

I mean you might still get lucky.......but you need to act quickly.

Take the battery out.......and stick the whole thign in a bag of DRY WHITE RICE (thats a lot of rice)

This will pull the moisture out of the machine, and dry it as quickly as possible.

Dont close the bag completely.....leave the bag slightly open for air movement.

After 3 days.....you can remove the laptop from the rice....and try to power on again.

If it still wont work.....you are looking at possible motherboard failure......or other components.....but most likely the motherboard.