Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

For a Toshiba Laptop expert:>>>>>>>What is / are the

Customer Question

For a Toshiba Laptop expert:>>>>>>>What is / are the differences between a Satellite P75-A7100 versus Toshiba p875-7102 laptop? I see both are i7 and very similar but were they from the same series and same year of manufacture> Is there a complete listing of models and year of release so that its clear which is the most recent model?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 18 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please see the attachment below. Is that helpful?

If you go through it line by line there are some subtle differences.

Expert:  Byron replied 18 days ago.

I haven't been able to find a list of release dates for the laptop models

but based on Intel's processor launch date the P75 is the newer model. The i7 processor in that model

was released in the second quarter of 2013.

The i7 in the P875 was released in the third quarter of 2012.

http://ark.intel.com/products/71459/Intel-Core-i7-3630QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

http://ark.intel.com/products/75117/Intel-Core-i7-4700MQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello: thanks for the answer you have provided...but the specs are available easily....What I am looking for is an answer that does what you are telling me to do. I don't want to sound like a smug SOB but I want an "expert" to tell me based on the specs which is a better unit to buy and why. I want to avoid leaving anything negative as feedback so could please you expand your answer to summarize the differences...especially as you say they are subtle.....obvious I can see...subtle is what an expert sees.
If you believe this is beyond the scope as an answer, please pass this on to another expert. Positive feedback will follow for a full answer.Thanks
Expert:  Byron replied 18 days ago.

Well, if you're basing your decision on only the processor I'd give the nod to the P75...barely.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4700MQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-3630QM

but there are other things to consider:

RAM = same

HDD = same

Optical Disk = same

Sound = I don't care what kind of marketing hype they through out I've never seen a laptop that puts out good

sound and I don't even consider it in a purchase decision.

Display = same

Wireless = here's where the P75 starts to shine. It has a dual-band wi-fi adapter which means it can connect

to both 2.4 and 5 Ghz wireless networks and supports the latest and fastest wireless AC standard. The P875 is limited to 2.4Ghz networks and Wireless N.

Weight = I don't know if you'll be traveling with this but the P75 (including power adapter) will be an additional 3.2 ounces.

Ports = They both have 4 USB 3.0 ports and the same sound ports but the HDMI port in the P75 supports 4K video output.

Is that better? Only if it matters to you.

They're both good laptops.

The P75 has newer features but the decision boils down to your needs and budget.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you very much.....that is the kind of analysis I was expecting from someone who has had much more experience than I have. The knowledge and experience you have, gets conveyed in a meaningful way,and that is what I am looking for.....
Expert:  Byron replied 18 days ago.

You're welcome. Thank you for being a JustAnswer customer.

If you need assistance in the future I can be reached directly through

this link: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-byron-/?rpt=3800