Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I had trouble with my compu, and seem to have settled all

Customer Question

I had trouble with my compu, and seem to have settled all the problems, but the camara on my laptop isn't working. What can I do? Please help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Hi Pearl. It is a Toshiba, 655a running windows8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yes, something went wrong. I lost my office and installed another one, but no I haven't installed any updates.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, It is a C55D-A model, It has 1 out of date driver and 2 missing drivers
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 17 days ago.

It looks like you need to re-install the camera drivers. Have you uninstalled the drivers yourself or something else happened?

Let me know,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 days ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 days ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
receive them just very busy. Where do I find the drivers and which one do I install? Something else happened, I did not uninstall.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 days ago.

Hello again! Thanks for your reply.

First, please check for all non-installed hardware in the Device Manager and then send me the hardware IDs so that I can look for the right drivers.

Here are the instructions:

1. Press the Windows logo key and R key on your computer at the same time to bring up the Run box

2. There type:

devmgmt.msc

and press Enter

3. The Device Manager window will appear. Locate the non-installed items (they will have a yellow exclamation mark)

4. Right-click on each item and select Properties

5. In the Properties window, click on the Details tab

6. Click on the Property drop-down list and select Hardware Ids (second on the list)

7. Check the Value at the bottom

Type that Value here for all non-installed hardware and I will look for the right drivers.

Thanks,