Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Actually, it is a Toshiba 2-t external drive. it worked for

Customer Question

actually, it is a Toshiba 2-t external drive. it worked for a while but now my computer will recognize it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am operating out of windows 10 but unfortunately left the drive at home. I have had it for about 4 months if that helps. I also tried it on a windows 7 operating system with no luck.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: basically none
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was working fine. I was transferring a pretty large file from one drive to another. when I brought it to work this morning the office computer would not recognize the drive. I tried it on several computers here and also back at home with no luck
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  bbao replied 18 days ago.

What's the operating system running the Toshiba laptop?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No. I did not realize there was a fee beyond the $5.00 donation. Please do not charge my account for the $45.00 fee. I can get a new drive for that. Thanks anyway.