bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I can no longer print or 'print screen' from my laptop. This

Customer Question

I can no longer print or 'print screen' from my laptop.This is a laptop issue, not a printer issue as my husband can print fine from his laptop and I can print from my phone.All units connect to the printer via wifi. I do not have a hardline to connect.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

What's the OS version and laptop model please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model is Samsung 700Z
OS is Vista
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the info. Did you try simply restarting the computer and pressing "print screen" key again?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Many times. This has been going on for a couple months.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've been working around it by using my phone, but that's getting old!!
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Please confirm if this is the same keyboard you are using.

Please also confirm if "print screen" worked your way before? Be aware that once pressed the Print Screen key, you need to open an image editor to paste what you captured. Please advise you have done this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is my keyboard. A couple of the icons are a tiny bit different style but same meaning.Yes. I used to always be able to do print screen by holding the blue function key down and clicking on 'print screen'/insert key.
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Let's first do a test to confirm if the Print Screen key is still working on your Vista.

Please start a soft-keyboard utility from "START" > "Programs" > "Accessories" > "Accessibility" > "On-Screen Keyboard", then press Fn + Print Screen to see if the PSC key respond on software keyboard on your screen?

FYI - http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-System-General&faq=8

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OS no longer has the 'start' menu...remember? ;-)
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

> OS is Vista

I was told you are using Window Vista. Incorrect?

Only, Let's say Windows button instead you prefer this way. :)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hmmm. Maybe it's 8. Whatever the last one was before 10 that just came out last year...That's the one that's on here. Very sorry if I got it wrong :/
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

If you don't know which version you are using, please go to Control Panel > System and let me know what's version showing there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Had to reboot. Hang on.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have to figure out how to find my way to the control panel. I've managed to do it before but it's not easy.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
8.1 to be exact
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry. I have to go to bed. Whatever you're next message I'll have to pick it up in the morning. I'm exhausted.
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

I hope you had a good night. :)

Please click here to start a keyboard test, press Fn + Print Screen and let me know if you can see the corresponding key on screen respond to what you do on your physical keyboard?

Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Hello any update here please?

Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Do you still need our help?